What does Just Cloud provide?
Is this the best cloud storage?
This is an online backup for mac or pc or a cloud (internet) based storage solution.
Just Cloud provide an unlimited data storage and backup facility for either 1, 6, 12, 24 months payment schedule. You can select any of these time periods and pay at reduced rates the longer the period you select. The big advantage with just Just Cloud is that they provide an unlimited storage facility for the term amount paid. This represents very good value for money.
Ease of use. We initially signed up for a Just Cloud test account and this took only a few minutes, the online backup mac / pc software downloaded very quickly unpacked itself and installed it self onto the computer (a mac).
The menu-driven system for backing up your files initially is very easy to use and took only seconds to do. We used the manual system to only backup one file as a test and this was uploaded within a few seconds albeit quite a large file.
We subsequently signed up for a full paid account and uploaded the rest of the data stored on the drive and while this took longer it was easy to and
If you wish to upload your entire hard disk this will take some time depending on your broadband speed but given that the just cloud software seems to execute extremely well we see no problems with this facility at all.
Setup Costs. There are no additional setup costs other than the payment schedule you have selected, which are paid in advance. There are also no additional storage costs or extra add-ons you need to purchase to obtain the unlimited storage so this is a very clear and simple contract without any surreptitious additional billing.
Many companies provide varying storage levels but Just Cloud provide an unlimited storage facility depending on the length of time you wish to pay. This is a great advantage especially if you’re storing music, pictures or videos as the size of some of these files can be substantial and using the Just Cloud unlimited facility you don’t have to worry about running out of space and suddenly having to pay extra money.
About Just Cloud.
Where are they based? Just Cloud is based in the UK in leafy Hampshire on a smart new high Tech Park.
The company is owned by a group who specialise in making web applications simple and easy to use, and just taking the hassle and confusion out. It really shows with the Just Cloud facility as this really is easy to use.
Main Important Features.
- Unlimited Storage.
- Simple billing.
- Share files and folders gives you the ability to share files and folders immediately.
- Hundred percent automated Just Cloud automatically updates your backup files using the software the system downloaded onto your computer meaning you don’t even need to think about backing up its all done automatically.
- The system runs a file versioning programme so you can back up different versions of files and retrieve them if required.
- Syncing multiple computers allows you to synchronise all of your files across your computers and different devices if you’re working in different locations on the same project.
- Really easy to use.
The Just Cloud system works well on XP,Vista & Windows 7 and Mac software with no modifications required.
Once you have signed up to the service you are given a browser-based logging and can manage your account via an online dashboard which clearly shows your files that are backed up your sync folder any shared folders and an event log.
You also have the account statistics available which show available space used a number of files backed up the number of folders packed up.
Useful User features.
- Hundred percent automated backups just cloud uses an automated system to back up your files so you really don’t have to think about a backup schedule it automatically takes care of all the backups for you.
- Security. All your files are transmitted over secure SSL encryption think and files are encrypted prior to sending to the server using technology developed by the banks. In principle nobody can view your files or any personal information about you. This means your data is absolutely secure at all times.
- Unlimited storage. One of the major features of the Just Cloud facility is the ability to have unlimited storage including music, video, pictures, graphics or documents. Given they are charging a relatively low monthly price and you can get even better deals by buying quarterly or annually this does represent extremely good value for money.
- Customer support. The customer support facility is very good and they use an online messaging service telephone and e-mail to ensure you get access to a customer support representative with the minimum of aggravation. The Just Cloud really do seem to be pushing the boat out with support for their customers.
- Affordability. The Just Cloud service plans are very affordable and the company seems to have really considered the competition and is using a very competitive price to break into what will become a huge market.
- A ease-of-use. The Just Cloud system really is very simple to use we set up an account within a couple of minutes and once the payment had gone through and we had received confirmation and a double checked that it was us setting up the account, we were able to start backing up the system. The software works very smoothly without any hiccups, downloading the initial programme unpacking itself and then immediately leaping into the backup menu. Simple to use.
- File access. A really good feature about the just cloud backup system is that you can access your bags of files from any computer with interconnection with an Internet connection at any time you simply log into your just cloud browser and your files are visible. It is worth noting that one needs to make sure you have a very good password to ensure somebody doesn’t steal your data because you have been sloppy with passwords.
- File types. Just Cloud does not have any restriction on file type you can use and this means you can back up virtually anything you want to if it’s on your system already. And as the size of the storage is unlimited it gives you even greater flexibility in the future to ensure you don’t run out of space a critical file.
- File restoration. Restoring files is as easy as backing them up and in our test we were able to retrieve files from the storage system within a few clicks, a really simple system to use.
- Things to be aware of. As with all cloud base to back up systems, backing up your initial data can take a considerable length of time depending on the size of your drives.
We have a 10 meg upload speed but also very significant amounts of data needing backing up and so this did take quite a while for the first backup to be completed.
Initially we thought the system had stopped working but after some investigation we found our virus scanning software was preventing the backup procedure from continuing.
After looking at the FAQs in the just cloud website we switched off virus scanning software and the backup proceeded perfectly.
It is important to note that potentially your initial backup could take a while depending on the speed of your broadband connection, so even if you think the system has stopped working it almost certainly hasn’t as it is doing a lot of work in checking files before uploading them and then actually uploading them. All of this work is done in the background and will hardly affect the normal use of your computer. Just leave it switched on and turn off any sleep modes.
The FAQ section of the Just Cloud website is excellent and they have clearly thought of every question anybody is likely to ask together with the relative answer.
Security of data. Just Cloud stores all its data using the Amazon S3 storage servers which are probably most comprehensive and reliable storage facility available on the Internet today. One main thing in trying to use the Amazon system directly is that it is extremely complicated to use and the just cloud front-end makes things an absolute breeze.
Syncing files. An excellent feature of the one cloud system is the Syncing files facility. What this gives you is a facility to Sync between computers up to a gigabyte of free space allowing you to pass documents information pictures etc between computers quickly and efficiently over the Internet as opposed to a local network.
Of all the current online cloud type backup/storage facilities the Just Cloud system is fresh, very easy to use, very competitively priced and overall an excellent facility well worth the money.